Tomek Szumiec - Ann Arbor, MI
@visitbtown #btownsummer #mybtown Yes, you read it correctly. Rainbow Bakery has Maple Bacon Doughnuts! by indyanna http://ift.tt/1qt7uf4
First up is the Leaky Cauldron – where I got to take a sneak peek earlier this week. It looks just like it does in the films…all the way down to the huge cauldron that sits in the middle of the restaurant. Here, you’ll be able to enjoy delicious British fare like…
- Bangers and Mash (traditional roasted sausages with creamy mashed potatoes)
- Toad in the Hole (traditional sausage baked into a Yorkshire pudding and served with onion gravy)
- Cottage Pie (a savory combination of meat and vegetables in a potato crust)
- Fisherman’s Pie (salmon, shrimp and cod baked together under a potato crust)
- Beef, Lamb & Guinness Stew (served in a bread bowl)
- Ploughman’s (a feast of English cheeses, crusty bread, cornichon pickles, apple beet salad, Branston pickle and a Scotch egg)
- Split Pea Soup
- Banger Pub Style Sandwich
- Fish and Chips
- And more!
And you can finish off your meal with scrumptious desserts like Chocolate Potted Cream, Cranachan and Sticky Toffee Pudding. There will also be breakfast served at the Leaky Cauldron with two new breakfast items, only available at Diagon Alley: an Apple Oatmeal Flan with Yogurt and Fruit and an Egg, Leek and Mushroom Pasty.
There will also be new beverages for you to enjoy in Diagon Alley like:
- Fishy Green Ale (it’s Fishy Green Ale, use your imagination!)
- Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice
- Tongue Tying Lemon Squash
- Peachtree Fizzing Tea
- Wizard’s Brew (draught beer)
- Dragon Scale (draught beer)
- Pumpkin Juice
- Butterbeer (of course!)
Another must-stop during your trip to Diagon Alley will be Eternelle’s Elixir of Refreshment, a cart located in Horizont Alley, where you can enjoy unique elixirs. Here’s how it works: you select from a variety of elixirs like Draught of Peace, Babbling Beverage, Elixir to Induce Euphoria and Fire Protection Potion, and then add the elixir to Gillywater. By mixing them, you’ll see your drink transform before your eyes and experience a delightful flavor surprise!
And of course, to top it all off, you have Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour. You’ll be able to do the same with unique flavors of ice-cream like…
- Granny Smith
- Early Grey and Lavender
- Chocolate Chili
- Clotted Cream
- Apple Crumble
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Salted Caramel Blondie
- Chocolate and Raspberry
- Strawberry and Peanut-Butter
- Orange Marmalade
- Butterbeer (that’s right, Butterbeer-flavored ice cream!)
Diagon Alley, Orlando - Food (detailed info)
- Paulopabita’s Fishy Green Ale : A non-alcoholic, creamy, green coloured drink with a mint cinnamon flavor and plum blueberry ‘fish eggs’.
Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice and Peachtree Fizzy Tea : Fizzy tea is a peach flavored carbonated drink with a hint of ginger. Fizzy orange juice is a orange soda with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon with a slice of orange.
Gilliwater Potions : From Fire Protection Potion, Babbling Beverage, Draught of Peace or Elixir To Induce Euphoria, add a potion of your choice to a plain bottle of gilliwater.
Tongue Tying Lemon Squash : A tart and tangy flavored drink with a hint of vanilla.
- Butterbeer Ice cream : A soft serve ice cream, with classic butterscotch butterbeer flavor in vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate chili : Interesting combo of chocolate with spice.
- Candy : Weasley Wizard Wheezes has a range of candy, including Fainting Fancies, Nosebleed Nuggets, Fever Fudge (vanilla fudge jelly beans), and Puking Pastilles (hard boiled sweets).
Diagon Alley’s menu offers a wide range of muggle menu as well, with traditional dishes like fish and chips, ploughman’s platter, toad in the hole, scotch eggs, etc.